The Recreational Sidemount course is conducted over 4 days in the relaxed environment of the dive centre. Firstly, an introduction to the general configuration, equipment, history and skills followed by a nice easy dive from the shore.
From the shore we have an underwater playground perfect for practising buoyancy and spacial awareness.
Throughout this course you will have the opportunity to practise sidemount both from shore and boat. The chance to see different sidemount units available, advantages and disadvantages.
You have to be at least 15 years old and certified as an Open Water Diver or higher.
Minimum 4 days
5 Beach dives
2 Boat dives
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during 2 confined water and two open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
– Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
– Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
– Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
– Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
Basic scuba equipment:
- Twin-set (independent cylinders of each minimum 7 lt capacity, max 12 lt capacity) w/single enders clips
- Wings & harness (side mount system)*
- Double regulators (swiveled turret first stages are suggested)
- Dry or wet suit*
- Fins, mask and back-up mask
- Primary torch
- Cutting device(s)
- Bolt snaps
- Surface marker buoy*
- Bottom timer device + dive planning tables or dive computer
- Butt pouch/bag with zip and 2 double enders connected
*At least one redundant buoyancy compensator is mandatory, such as lift bag, dry suit or double bladed wings.
Bottom tanks and weights are included in the price, all the rest of the equipment can be rent at the dive center with a 30% off.