The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive safely down to 40 meters, you should take the Deep Diver Specialty course.
Minimum age required 15.
To be Advanced Open Water Diver certified or higher.
Minimum 2 days.
4 Boat dives.
Your training starts with knowing the advantages, considerations and risks of deep diving as well as how important it is to be aware of your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you will ll go over:
- Performing descent and ascent procedure with/out any reference
- Describe and record different primary colors absorption into the water column
- Air consumption calculation and related dive plan procedures
- Improve navigation skills
- No-decompression limits management and ascent rate
- Emergency decompression management with an emergency air source
- Specific deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, emergency protocols
- Narcosis management and considerations
Basic scuba equipment:
- Scuba tank
- Buoyancy compensator (BCD)
- Wet or dry suit
- Fins & mask
- Surface marker buoy
- Bottom timer device + dive planning tables or dive computer
Tanks and weights are included in the price, all the rest of the equipment can be rent at the dive center with a 30% off.