The Navigation Diver course fine-tunes your observation skills and teaches you to more accurately use your compass underwater. If you like challenges with big rewards, take this course and have fun finding your way.
Minimun age required 10.
To be (Junior) Open Water Diver certified or higher,
Minimun 2 days
2 Shore dives
1 Boat dive
You’ll learn the tools of the trade, including navigation using natural clues and by following compass headings. During three scuba dives, you’ll practice:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater.
- Compass navigation while making at least five turns.
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Underwater map making.
Basic scuba equipment:
- Scuba tank
- Buoyancy compensator (BCD)
- Wet or dry suit
- Fins & mask
- Bottom timer device + dive planning tables or dive computer
- Underwater slate
Tanks and weights are included in the price, all the rest of the equipment can be rent at the dive center with a 30% off.