The third part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program is Tec 50. As a Tec 50 diver, you show that you’ve developed competency as a tec diver and have the skills to dive to a maximum of 50 meters. You know how to make extended, accelerated decompression stops using up to two gases. It’s not easy to reach this level and earning your Tec 50 certification opens the door to deeper diving expeditions.
- Be a PADI Tec 45 diver
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least 20 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Note: Qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Deep Instructor.
Minimum 4 days
2 shore dives
2 boat dives
The Tec 50 course includes two knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives. A primary focus of this course is mission planning and execution. You also learn more about handling emergencies and how to think like a technical diver.
Basic scuba equipment:
· Twin-set (back-mounted or side-mounted)
· Wings & harness*
· Double regulators
· Dry suit with pockets or pouch*
· Fins, mask and back-up mask
· Primary torch and back-up torch(es)
· Cutting device(s)
· Bolt snaps
· Surface marker buoy*
· Bottom timer device + dive planning tables and dive computer
*At least one redundant buoyancy compensator is mandatory, such as lift bag, dry suit or double bladed wings.
· 2 Stage cylinders
Bottom tanks and weights are included in the price, all the rest of the equipment can be rent at the dive center with a 30% off.
Aria o nitrox
Nitrox (max 50%)
Nitrox or Oxygen
Continue your adventure in Tec Diving with the Tec Trimix 65