The PADI Tec 45 course is the second part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program. You’ll extend your depth limit to 45 metres and learn to plan and execute repetitive decompression dives using a single stage/decompression cylinder. It puts you in a complete tec diving rig, which can be either backmount or sidemount. You’ll also make accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. This is a course where you’ll rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a technical diver.
- Be a PADI Tec 40 diver
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, with at least 12 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 10 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Note: Qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Deep Instructor.
Minimum 4 days
2 shore dives
2 boat dives
Your Tec 45 training consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives. Building on what you learned in the Tec 40 course, you focus on the function and maintenance of tec diving equipment and associated issues. You continue fine-tuning gas planning and calculating accelerated decompression stops. Plus, you learn to think like a technical diver.
Basic scuba equipment:
- Twin-set (back-mounted or side-mounted)
- Wings & harness *
- Double regulators
- Dry suit with pockets or pouch*
- Fins, mask and back-up mask
- Primary torch and back-up torch(es)
- Cutting device(s)
- Bolt snaps
- Surface marker buoy*
- Bottom timer device + dive planning tables and dive computer
*At least one redundant buoyancy compensator is mandatory, such as lift bag, dry suit or double bladed wings.
- Stage cylinder
Bottom tanks and weights are included in the price, all the rest of the equipment can be rent at the dive center with a 30% off.
Aria o nitrox
Nitrox or oxygen
Improve your skill and experiences with the Tec 50 Course