No products in the basket.
The Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet.
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver with at least 10 dives using enriched air deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- A PADI Deep Diver or proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres/100 feet
- At least 18 years old and have a minimum of 30 logged dives
- You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Note: Qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Deep Instructor.
Minimum 4 days
2 shore dives
2 boat dives
The Tec 40 course consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four training dives. You’ll learn about:
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations
Basic scuba equipment:
- Twin-set (back-mounted or side-mounted)
- Wings & harness *
- Double regulators
- Dry suit with pockets or pouch*
- Fins, mask and back-up mask
- Primary torch and back-up torch(es)
- Cutting device(s)
- Bolt snaps
- Surface marker buoy*
- Bottom timer device + dive planning tables and dive computer
*At least one redundant buoyancy compensator is mandatory, such as lift bag, dry suit or double bladed wings.
- Stage cylinder
Bottom tanks and weights are included in the price, all the rest of the equipment can be rent at the dive center with a 30% off.
Air o nitrox
Nitrox (max 50%)