Try the fun and experience to practice search and recovery procedures.
If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
Minimum 1 day
2 Shore dives
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
Basic scuba equipment:
- Scuba tank
- Buoyancy compensator (BCD)
- Wet or dry suit
- Fins & mask
- Bottom timer device + dive planning tables or dive computer
- Underwater slate
- Lift bag
Tanks and weights are included in the price, all the rest of the equipment can be rent at the dive center with a 30% off.