Underwater Photography is a captivating and creative challenge. Not only will you learn how to capture some great memories of your holiday, but you’ll vastly improve your buoyancy and learn to dive far more effectively.
The PADI Digital Underwater Photography Specialty gets you going quickly with today’s modern digital equipment, whether you use a point-and-shoot camera or a sophisticated D-SLR like the professionals.
Minimum age required 10.
To be PADI Open Water Diver or PADI Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization).
Minimum 2 days.
2 Shore dives.
Your training starts with knowing the advantages, considerations and risks of deep diving as well as how important it is to be aware of your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you will ll go over:
You will learn;
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you
- The three primary principles for good underwater photographs
- How to manipulate the light to affect the color of your images and some basic editing techniques
- How to dive efficiently with a camera and how to ensure that you don’t damage or harm the reef
We will also give you some hints and tips to improve your techniques and start you on your way to a lifetime of creative achievement.
Basic scuba equipment:
- Scuba tank
- Buoyancy compensator (BCD)
- Wet or dry suit
- Fins & mask
- Surface marker buoy
- Bottom timer device + dive planning tables or dive computer
- Compact or dSLR camera with underwater housing
- Laptop to download and develop your pictures
Tanks and weights are included in the price, all the rest of the equipment can be rent at the dive center with a 30% off.